Sunday, March 14, 2010

idol time!


Admit it, we all have someone we idolize *_* It could be a model, a celebrity, even your family!


I've been into lolita for years. I always pored over the latest designs and photoshoots, so of course I'd have a favorite model and she still is to this day!


Misako Aoki! She's been in the gothic lolita bibles for as long as I can remember and models for many different styles. Honestly, I was debating though if that could really count for an idol-looking pretty. So, I did some research and just found out that model isn't her only schtick... she's actually a nurse!
As a nursing student, this made me so happy! Ever since starting school, I've kept my ruffles and bows hidden away and tried to fit in. I didn't want people to think I was bonkers and rebuff me, at school or in the hospital ( don't wear it in the hospital anyways, fo sho). I always thought I had to eventually grow out of it too, or have to keep it as a hidden side of myself as I got older and eventually got a career. BUT! I've been inspired. Misako is pretty well known in fashion circles, and if she can still work her day job and not be taken any less seriously, I think a little fan could too
But what I think I like most about her is how she still embodies lolita to her own style. She hasn't bitten the OTT sweet trend as of late, even in photoshoots. You know, the BIG hair and bling bling. I'm not much of a hater, it just gets repetitive to see. I'm also a big fan of old school lolita though, so I am also biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment